Mission: Fostering relationships between teachable children and Christ-honoring adults in order to reach the next generation (and the next generation’s families) with the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Jesus modeled “life on life relationships” in the way He interacted with His disciples. His relationships with the disciples were consistent, honest, Truth-filled relationships. Jesus did not simply “minister to” the disciples, He lived among them. Jesus is our example for “life on life relationships”. Practically speaking, our desire is that whoever you’re building a relationship with, you would know what is going in their life and they would know what is going on in your life. Relationships are a two-way street. Allowing someone to enter into your life and see who God is and how He changes your everyday life will speak much clearer than a sermon.
Mentoring a child is a great way to practice “Life-on-life” relationships! We offer mentoring children starting in 4th grade. This is a minimum 2 year commitment, and we are looking for God-honoring mentors to spend a hour a week.
- Be a Christ follower
- Agree to Mission: Possible! Austin’s Statement of Unity
- Agree to serve a 2 year commitment
- 18+ years of age
- 3 in person meetings with mentee on average per month
- Willingness to be intentional with parents of mentee
- No violent or drug and alcohol charges for a minimum of three years
- Try to attend 1-2 camps a year
- Actively attend a local church
- Communicate on a regular basis with MP Staff
- Complete a background check
- Complete MP Volunteer Application & Mandatory Training