The Nikos Camping Ministry exists to connect the church with at-risk youth for Christ-centered transformation. Our vision is to provide a Christ-centered experience through camp to at-risk youth. “Nikos” is a Greek word meaning “Victory or to utterly vanquish” which is provided through the hope of Jesus Christ. Mission: Possible! Austin hosts 5+ camps a year for at-risk youth from the greater Austin area.
WHAT? Spring and Summer Nikos Camps are for 1st-5th grade children (6-11) located at Twin Oaks Ranch in Buda, Texas. Our H-E-B and Fall Retreats are for youth 6th-12th grades (12-18). These camps provide a missional experience like no other. Camp Nikos is unique as we keep a low ratio of children and leader. Each child is paired with a camp counselor to enjoy the camp experience! Campers have the opportunity to enjoy swimming, Gaga Ball, zip lining, and many other awesome activities giving them a chance to connect on a deeper level. Each camp has a different theme, but everything – evening activities, skits, talks and devotional time – points back to the amazing love of Jesus Christ.
WHO? We are seeking churches, organizations, and individuals willing to serve in this camp-style missions trip. We have a great need for volunteers willing to share and live-out the Gospel through this unique experience. Positions include:
- Camp Counselor (ages 14+): paired with a child or children at camp to build a relationship, enjoy the camp experience together, and be the representation of Christ.
- Adult Support Staff (ages 19+): The support staff supports the camp counselors. They assist in overseeing activities, helping the camp counselors with any issues at camp, and general camp duties.
- Specialized position: Each camp has special requirements. We are always looking for volunteers such as: Lifeguards, Nurses (CNA, RN, or LPN), photographers, technology team, bus drivers, kitchen team, etc.…https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53myp2vbp_A
- Spring Nikos Camp March 11th-15th at Twin Oaks Ranch 100 Marks Overlook Buda, TX 78610
- Summer Nikos Camp June 10th-17th at Twin Oaks Ranch 100 Marks Overlook Buda, TX 78610
- H-E-B Leadership Camp June 22nd-25th at 719 Earl Garrett St, Kerrville, TX 78028
- Lil’ Nikos Day Camp June 10th-14th at Polecat Holler 10505 Dessau Rd. Austin, TX 78754
- Mustang Island Retreat October 7th-9th at Mustang Island State Park P. O. Box 326 Port Aransas, TX 78373 http://tpwd.texas.gov/state-parks/mustang-island/map
HOW? These camps are made possible by YOU! You can support us in several ways:
- PRAY. Pray for our kids, volunteers, donors, staff, and families involved through this camp.
- Volunteer (all week or throughout the week)
- Give. Each camp costs between $125-$375 to send a kid to camp. Your generous giving provides a child with a Christ-centered camp experience!
For more information please contact Jon Rector at email@example.com.